Δευτέρα 13 Οκτωβρίου 2008

September Song


September Song, Frank Sinatra

FRANK SINATRA (1915-1998)
"September Song" (1965)

composed in 1938 by Kurt Weill
lyrics by Maxwell Anderson


When I was a young man, caught in the girls,
I played me a waiting game.
If a maid refused me with tossin curls,
I let the old earth take a couple of whirls.
While I apply her with tears in lieu of pearls.
And as time came around, she came my way,
And as time came around, she came.

Oh its a long, long while, from May to December
But the days grow short, when you reach September.
When the autum weather, turns the leaves to flame,
One hasn't got time, for the waiting game.

Oh, the days, dwindle down, to a precious few.
September. November.
And these few precious days, I'll spend with you.
These precious days, I'll spend with you.

Oh, the days dwindle down, to a precious few.
September. November.
And these few precious days, I'll spend with you.
These precious days, I'll spend with you.

IN ITALIANO

Quando ero giovane e corteggiavo le ragazze,
sapevo attendere;
quando una ragazza mi diceva di no scrollando il capo,
lasciavo che la vecchia Terra facesse un paio di giri.
E non appena se ne ripresentava l'occasione,
lei veniva con me.
Oh, c'è molto tempo tra Maggio e Dicembre,
ma le giornate diventano brevi quando arriva Settembre.
Quando l'Autunno fa diventare le foglie rosso fuoco,
uno non ha più tempo per attendere.
Oh, le giornate diventano sempre più brevi e preziose
... Settembre, Novembre ...
E queste giornate brevi e preziose le passerò con te.

TRADUZIONE: mauro26958

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: